Skip to main content

Happy Chanukah!

 Hey 5th Graders!

Happy Chanukah! I hope you've had a bright start to Chanukah so far.

It was awesome seeing you again this week - I missed you over Thanksgiving!

In class, we looked at lesson 8 in Alef Bet Quest. We also of course practiced the Chanukah Blessings!

For homework, you should practice reading (out loud!) lines 1-6 on page 37 of your book. Then, call my Google Voice number and record lines 2-4 for me. Extra: use your Chanukah Blessings sheet to help light the menorah with your family!

Have a great rest of the holiday, and I'll see you next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SPRING BREAK!

 Happy Spring Break!! There is no class the week of April 10th or April 17th. I will see you again the week of April 24th! At some point over break, don't forget to call my Google Voice Number  (202) 810-2816  and leave me a voicemail of you chanting the ENTIRE blessing before the Torah.  THANK YOU!

We're So Close!

 Hey 5th Graders! Next week is our LAST week of Alef Bet Quest lessons - we're so close! I had so much fun with you this week playing games and pushing through TWO lessons. I've said it before: you're seriously rockstars. For homework this week, you should think about the sound this week that YOU think you need the MOST practice with. Pick an "I Can Read Hebrew!" section from 79, 83, or 84 based on the sound you'd like to practice. Call my Google Voicemail and just let me know which 3 lines you'll be reading! Don't forget to tell me a joke :) Looking forward to seeing you next week. Let's celebrate completing the Alef Bet!!

It's Already November!

 Hey 5th Graders! Can you believe it's already November?! We are making great progress on the Alef Bet, and your decoding skills are getting stronger and stronger each week. To my Tuesday students - I'm so sorry I missed you this week, but I look forward to being back together on November 9th. For homework, you should all practice reading lines 1-6 on page 18 of your book.  Then, call my Google Voice number  (202) 810-2816  and read lines 2, 3, and 6 out loud for me! See you soon! -Liza